Thursday, March 18, 2010

Rough week.

William had the first two days off this week and boy did we need him home. On Monday he took both boys to the doctor. The cough that Lil'Will has had for the last month was told to be allergies. Instead of his nose running it is draining down his throat causing him to cough. So he was put on Zyrtec and that nose stuff you sniff, a hard concept for a 4 year old. James, who I thought was suffering from allergies and a possible sinus infection, ended up having a really bad ear infection!! The doctor said he must of had it for about two weeks now! I was shocked and feel horrible. He didn't manifest any signs of discomfort besides being extra whinny, and I chucked that to him being 2 and wanting his independence. Needless to say he was put on an antibiotic and Zyrtec as well. Then on Tuesday Lil'Will was taken to the ER for busting his lip open in two spots as well as causing a major scratch in his gums. He was being silly in the backyard and was dancing on the patio and lost his balance. Apparently though where he fell was also a rocking chair and so they battled it out for the spot and the rocking chair won! My poor boy! He bled through two paper towels twice and a thing of gauze. The ER was great and saw us right away. The doc said that he will heal just fine by himself but to be careful of re-injuring it while it is healing. For the time being Lil'Will looks pretty beat up.

Last night I took the night off to study and do my module for this month. Every time I tried in the past month something would happen and I wouldn't be able to get past the first line. So I locked myself up at the library and then when they closed I sat in my car until I finished it. unfortunately for me when I arrived home I still had to clean the house. At 9:30 William was still putting the boys to bed so nothing had been done. We were able to finish by 11, but I had hoped to make it to bed by 10.

I hadn't made it to the gym on Tuesday and Wednesday in the morning so I really wanted to do that today. So I knew it was important to get some sleep. We all have been feeling a bit sick in the house this week. Hopefully it will all get better soon. So this morning I get up at 5 and I can't find the car keys I search my purse and the top of the fridge, not there!! So I go running around the neighborhood and come home and do 50 sit ups. I have learned that no matter what the fitness people say there is no substitute for an actual sit up. They can say a crunch will provide you with the same movement and that it is not necessary to go up all the way, but it is. There is a huge difference in how I feel after doing crunches and sit ups. Sit ups are tremendously harder and it is better for you.

Well lets hope today goes well. I need a day of James going pee in the toilet and a day of no accidents. I know I can do but can the kids? I sure hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment